The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brentford

+5
SkellowRover
Dagenham Rover
hoolahoop
Askern Rovers
yorkie64red
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brentford Empty Brentford

Post by yorkie64red Fri 19 Oct - 19:53:59

Predictions anyone....i'm going for a point...1-1...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Brentford Empty Re: Brentford

Post by yorkie64red Fri 19 Oct - 20:13:16

Andy Haines will be the man in charge when Doncaster Rovers welcome Brentford to the Keepmoat Stadium on Saturday.

The North East official has taken charge of 7 games so far this season, showing 16 yellow cards and no reds.

Last season he took charge of 35 games, showing 104 yellow cards and 6 reds.

The last time he was in charge of Rovers was last season when they defeated table toppers Southampton 1-0 at the Keepmoat.

His last game in charge of Brentford was also last season when they beat Leyton Orient 5-0 at home.

Referee: Andy Haines (Tyne & Wear)
Assistants: Ollie Yates & Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth official: Ian Dudley

Read more: http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=296641#ixzz29jbdwPWp
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Sat 20 Oct - 0:34:02

There will be no easy games in this league and I not carried away when Donny play against smaller or bigger teams but I think I will go for 1 -1 with Billy Paynter goal.
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 20 Oct - 5:34:35

No worries on this one , I'm going for a solid 2-0 to the Rovers. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 21 Oct - 3:41:46

Robin Hood Robin Hood riding through the Keepmoat Cool
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 21 Oct - 6:17:55

Never went as i've put my back out but sounded like we nicked this one big time. Only 21% possession too lol
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 21 Oct - 9:31:00

Robin Hood and DickTurpin got the goals for us however a damn good 3 points ground out of a terrible performance, I'm impressed we can even do this nowadays, its not too long ago we'd have rolled over and died
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sun 21 Oct - 19:23:25

i dont care if we did pinch points look how many times teams did it to us when SOD was here

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 21 Oct - 19:55:42

the vicar wrote:i dont care if we did pinch points look how many times teams did it to us when SOD was here

Exactly Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 21 Oct - 22:40:13

It would be nice to see some decent football though, it's like we've gone backwards 15 years in terms of entertainment lol
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 22 Oct - 0:57:56

Entertainment comes from winning games, I don't see the entertainment of playing well but losing.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Mon 22 Oct - 3:57:42

No entertainment comes from winning games while putting on a performance!!!
A few have told me they were 'bored to death' yesterday until we scored because we were as bad as they have seen since we got relegated out of the league 15 odd years ago. Maybe people have been spoiled as we've seen some cracking football over the last 12 years or so, but what i've seen this season in terms of performances reminds me of some of the crap i watched in the late 80's and early 90's. I don't think people can justify £25-30 anymore just for the 'result' and they want to see plenty of excitement and entertainment. Lets be honest what we see isn't going to have the crowds flocking back in droves, a club just relegated from the championship and on the brink of the play offs to go straight back up and less then 6k home fans there.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 22 Oct - 6:48:36

Our attendances are going up though if you have a look, success brings people through the door, if we continue getting these good results then our attendances will only improve.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Mon 22 Oct - 8:15:59

I can't see many that paid on the day on saturday being too impressed to be fair.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 22 Oct - 8:51:40

We aren't playing well but attendances are going up cause were getting results that's the point.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Mon 22 Oct - 9:54:25

some are never happy we play good and lose more points than we gain, then we play bad and gain more than we lose the team cant win with the buggers always moaning and booing the lads

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 23 Oct - 8:53:51

dickos1 wrote:We aren't playing well but attendances are going up cause were getting results that's the point.

You don't half spout rubbish and take blind positivity upto a new level Sleep Sleep Sleep
I will give you a scenario ok .........there's a much praised film that your mates have all been to see. They tell you it was as boring as hell, to a man they thought it was garbage in effect that they wasted both their time and money.
What do YOU do then ? Do you make sure that you're first in the queue for the next showing irrespective of price hmmmm in your case most probably.

The wins are great but come on folk NEED entertaining too don't they ? scratch Sorry I agree 100% with Skellow on this one , the results won't always be there but the performances MUST improve to keep those attendances up.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 23 Oct - 9:12:10

Its not the fact we "won ugly" that bothers me, we've played well so many times before and lost so I have little sympathy. Its the fact we have played well about 3 times this season and won't win every game "ugly" we need consistancy. Even Saunders sees a problem in his quote in the YP

"But Saunders, who hopes to bring in a defender before tomorrow’s trip to Tranmere, admitted: “We are just papering over the cracks with that result. There’s still lots of work to do.

“Hopefully, we can keep winning while I sort it out.”
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Tue 23 Oct - 9:16:17

hoolahoop wrote:

You don't half spout rubbish and take blind positivity upto a new level Sleep Sleep Sleep
I will give you a scenario ok .........there's a much praised film that your mates have all been to see. They tell you it was as boring as hell, to a man they thought it was garbage in effect that they wasted both their time and money.
What do YOU do then ? Do you make sure that you're first in the queue for the next showing irrespective of price hmmmm in your case most probably.

The wins are great but come on folk NEED entertaining too don't they ? scratch Sorry I agree 100% with Skellow on this one , the results won't always be there but the performances MUST improve to keep those attendances up.

I don't half spout rubbish?? I said we aren't playing well but attendances are increasing how on earth is that blind positivity they are both facts. I'm sure you don't read posts before you reply cause you rarely make sense.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Oct - 20:02:41

dickos1 wrote:

I don't half spout rubbish?? I said we aren't playing well but attendances are increasing how on earth is that blind positivity they are both facts. I'm sure you don't read posts before you reply cause you rarely make sense.

There you go again surely you don't believe a rise in attendances will be down to winning games only do you ? If we are to get those numbers up , as Skellow stated earlier, you must have folk talking about the performance too.
As to my making sense, I prefer to look at all angles rather than just spouting out 'positives' ad nauseam which you have a tendency to do. Imo if you don't identify potential/actual problems then how on earth can you address them ?

Incidentally you didn't acknowledge or address the comments made by Skellow and me ref. the need for entertainment value either. Strangely enough my posts are only devoid of any sense to you ..........perhaps we are on a different wavelength and see things in entirely different ways. Let's agree to disagree and move on before our discussions become tedious to other posters eh Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Wed 24 Oct - 20:46:22

Rise in attendances is almost entirely to do with results of course it is, if we were bottom now we'd be struggling to get 5000 as we're getting excellent results at the min the attendances are pushing 7000.
By the way I did acknowledge skellows comments we had a lengthy discussion about entertainment, you need to have a quick look before posting hoola.
We have played possession football for the past 6, 7 years, but that's doesn't mean it's the only way to play, Charlton pissed this league last year and they had many performances like ours yesterday.
I agree we would be screwed without jones, but with him in the side I see no problem in approaching away games like we are, we have probably the best away record in the league and are scoring goals regularly away, so we must be doing something right eh

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Wed 24 Oct - 22:12:27

now now children play nice

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 24 Oct - 22:13:44

the vicar wrote:now now children play nice

they need a fatherly figure to keep them in order Vicar..theres enough on here upto the Job...infact some are more grand fatherly.. Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Wed 24 Oct - 22:23:39

thamks yorkie thought we was mates lol

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 24 Oct - 22:26:23

the vicar wrote:thamks yorkie thought we was mates lol

Your far too young Vicar ...i was thinking about a different two posters on here... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next