The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've had a dream

4 posters

Go down

I've had a dream Empty I've had a dream

Post by bentley bullet Mon 31 Dec - 21:21:28

Dead vivid it was. I said "right I'm off", and turned towards the door. The wife said "Why are you going so early, they don't kick off for three hours, my mother's coming soon, sometimes I think you like Rovers more than her!". I said " To be honest, I like Barnsley more than her!"

Listening to radio Sheffield in the car it was revealed that one of the Sheffield united supporters coaches had pulled up just outside Sheffield because many of the passengers have taken ill with some sort of poisoning. The company are blaming it on a new type of window cleaner they've just started using.
It was reported that the mother of one of the sick, 24 year old Mary Hooker claimed that her 11 year old son Alf, who had thrown up over his shirt was told by the driver that he would have to change attire. She said "it's disgusting that a sick lad should be made to do so, it wasn't his fault the bus had got a puncture."

Eventually the bus arrived at the Keepmoat and the Blades fans stared in wonderment at the beautiful modern new stadium.

The game kicked off and the Blades were first to attack with Kitson coming close after punching the ball goalwards with his left hand behind the refs back.

Rovers settled down and a good move by Coppinger almost let Cotterill in but he shot just wide.

Sheffield utd got a free kick just outside the area when Kitson, alone and unmarked, dived onto the ground. clutching his leg, but the following free kick went high into the stand.

There was controversy just before half time when David Syers put the ball in the net for Rovers, but after consulting the linesman, and then taking advice from Kitson, the goal was disallowed, presumably for offside.

H.T; Rovers 0 Sheff utd 0

Second half kicked off and Hume was left holding his head following a high kick from Kitson. Kitson's claim that Hume tried to bite his boot was accepted by the ref, and a free kick was awarded to Sheffield united.

After 80 minutes tbe Blades got a corner, and this resulted in Rob Jones being wrestled to the floor by Kitson. Kitson's appeal for a penalty was surprisingly refused.

It appeared that even the ref was fed up of Kitson's cheating when Rob Jones, frustrated by the ginner's antics, floored him with a left hook. The ref saw the incident but swiftly looked the other way. For the first time in the match Kitson never jumped up to appeal...He was carried off - out cold!

Rovers began to dominate against a team minus its 'main threat', constantly battering the united goal.
Rovers finally got their reward when neat work from Coppinger found HUME, who blasted home the winner (88mins).

Final score Rovers 1 Sheff Utd 0
bentley bullet
bentley bullet
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

I've had a dream Empty Re: I've had a dream

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 31 Dec - 21:36:25

I hope so bb I would love this dream to come true. cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 31 Dec - 22:24:39

Have you got any stats on just how many of your dreams have come true... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by bentley bullet Mon 31 Dec - 23:42:32

yorkie64red wrote:Have you got any stats on just how many of your dreams have come true... Laughing

Not many results turn out to be true (about 3 or 4), althought they're not really predictions.

a lot of the pre-match dreams do turn out true though, for instance my liking of Barnsley more than the mother in law! Wink
bentley bullet
bentley bullet
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 1 Jan - 0:58:35

I'm hoping we don't have to wait 88mins. for the opening goal..........my ticker can't stand it.
I see 2-0 to the Rovers and a very heated game mostly involving that cheating t**t Kitson.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down