The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how can we get more users any ideas

+12
FevTyke
diggerman
NIGHTMARE
Dan_the_Owl
WakeyTerrier
hoolahoop
jucyberry
Inspector Manatee
Terrier2009
yorkie64red
Shem_Swfc
Phil
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

how can we get more users any ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: how can we get more users any ideas

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 24 Dec - 19:42:57

diggerman wrote:Could maybe try interacting with other forums / clubs , with maybe trying to arrange some sorta quiz league or summat.
Dunno how it could be done like , but maybe its woth a thought.
could also possibly try inviting fans from other clubs on to do reviews of matches when their clubs play our clubs.

In our programme we have that, it's normally quite good and rather funny.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

how can we get more users any ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: how can we get more users any ideas

Post by FevTyke Thu 24 Dec - 20:59:36

Blogs, quizzes, match reports done from the fans point of view, rather than the club, that sort of stuff could drum up some more interest Question

My girlfriends dad runs a Sheffield Wednesday forum and puts up 'Post Match Rambles' every game, either by himself or someone else who went to the game (I think they alternate it) and it's a cracking read, maybe something like that? I'll find a link to one
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sat 2 Jan - 5:40:02

Just to let you all know, if you put "pride of yorkshire forums" in as a search on google this site does actually show up as the top result.
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 2 Jan - 5:44:30

RedNinja wrote:Just to let you all know, if you put "pride of yorkshire forums" in as a search on google this site does actually show up as the top result.

Yes just tried it, thats an improvement as it never used to.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by BantamValley Sat 2 Jan - 9:55:11

I guess I'll try again to get some Bantams on here, most Bradford sites I've advertised this forum on however, don't think it's a good idea for a site, there's the odd one or two who do.. And they join.. But they don't post even once...

I'll give it another shot anyways.
BantamValley
BantamValley

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Sat 2 Jan - 11:47:17

I think we all need to persevere with trying to get more of our own fans on here.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 6 Jan - 6:54:15

BantamValley wrote:I guess I'll try again to get some Bantams on here, most Bradford sites I've advertised this forum on however, don't think it's a good idea for a site, there's the odd one or two who do.. And they join.. But they don't post even once...

Some boards obviously see this board as a threat to their own membership. I think (Phil might correct me on this) that this board should be perceived as an additional board where they would have access to rival fans without going through all the palaver of having seperate log-ins 'here and there' just to talk to their own and rival supporters on an equal standing.
I find it strange that folk who have sought this type of discourse don't use that opportunity when it presents itself, perhaps they just aren't prepared to look into the board in any depth.............such a shame! Sad Sad Sad
They will come in time . Smile Smile Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Wed 6 Jan - 7:41:50

I'm trying to do my bit Hoola!!! Although apart from Terrier2009 and Dan I only seem to be Rovering Very Happy

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Wed 6 Jan - 8:11:14

hoolahoop wrote:
BantamValley wrote:I guess I'll try again to get some Bantams on here, most Bradford sites I've advertised this forum on however, don't think it's a good idea for a site, there's the odd one or two who do.. And they join.. But they don't post even once...

Some boards obviously see this board as a threat to their own membership. I think (Phil might correct me on this) that this board should be perceived as an additional board where they would have access to rival fans without going through all the palaver of having seperate log-ins 'here and there' just to talk to their own and rival supporters on an equal standing.
I find it strange that folk who have sought this type of discourse don't use that opportunity when it presents itself, perhaps they just aren't prepared to look into the board in any depth.............such a shame! Sad Sad Sad
They will come in time . Smile Smile Smile

This place was set up because all the one team sites owners/mods have a hissy fit every time someone who supports a different team turns up and dares to have a different opinion on there club to the rose tinted one they have. just as the debate starts some prick pops up being a key board warrior and turning the thread into a war zone instead of a grown up debate . then in response the mod gets involved and bans the outsider instead of reading the topic and banning the person who was in the wrong, because its easy to go with the person who supports the club of the forum, so this place was set up to try and get people from all over Yorkshire to interact and see what others opinions are, and take the piss when someone comes along with there head up there own Arse. and build up a friendly family of Yorkshire football fans who can help each other and take the piss at the same time, in the short time this forum as been up and running it as proved my point that even though we all support different clubs we can still be trusted to interact with each other in a grown up manner if left to get on with it ,
okay we all know there are arseholes out there, but that's life, myself and the team of mod's i have put together are willing to keep the peace and sort things out by going on the facts of who's right and who's wrong, not who supports who given time this forum will grow of that i'm sure but we need it to continue in the same way as it as started.
like i say other sites are quick to ban people and moan about people joining up when they dare to have a different opinion to the one they have, but slow in coming forward to promote a site that is willing to take all that from them,
Phil
Phil
ADMIN

https://yorkshire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 7 Jan - 9:44:57

Phil you have done a brill job i do understand with the statement if you go on other club forums and they know your an opposing fan they rip you apart i have enjoyed this forum with the banter from the dingles the fowls etc etc which you do not get on other forums
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 7 Jan - 12:18:39

I absolutely love coming on this forum and have never really been into this sort of thing before. There is amazing banter on here from all the fans no matter who you support. Credit to you Phil!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Fri 8 Jan - 6:31:17

I post on the Footymad network as well as here, and well.. You get chewed to bits if you are an opposing fan on somebody elses board.

I'm happy to be here. Very Happy Nice work on the board Phil!
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2