The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why DRFC have gone to "Willy"

+8
yorkie64red
dickos1
VixDRFC
Donny Dub
hoolahoop
the vicar
donnyroversfc
Irish Contingent
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why DRFC have gone to "Willy" - Page 2 Empty Re: Why DRFC have gone to "Willy"

Post by Irish Contingent Sun 19 Feb - 7:31:20

Its not about contracts being up in the summer. Its your summation that DRFCshould have gone down that route rather than the way they have, so its what could be done at the time.
I say again, how do you know clubs are not doing same thing, just not as public.
You should try that statement in an Odriscoll thread ( 75% of every game ).

The Copps thing. Yes he cost 30 K, but 7 years of Salary ( and i know what he earns ). would mean in order for DRFC to make a profit on him, a bid of over 1million was needed, thats why JR laughed at Ipswich offer.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 19 Feb - 7:40:44

But we've profited on him by his performances.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Sun 19 Feb - 8:38:15

The same can be said of any player currently at DRFC, can it not, EHD cost nothing, Salary is minimal, if he left tomorrow DRFC will have profited from his performance, like wise Chimbonda, Boko and Bago, Beye, whoever you care to mention, by your reasoning.
Now plainly the above can not be true.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 19 Feb - 8:56:48

Not if we dont have success (stay up) we wouldn't have benefitted then.

Next season ALOT of players need moving on, be it players that we're signed by SO'D or players brought in by McKay.

I'll personally be disgusted with the club though if they continue with the McKay plan if we're relegated!

John Ryan can slag me off and tell me to support another club too for it if he wants but for his sake more than anyone elses he wants to have got this right. I doubt he has though, the proof will be in the pudding if we're relegated or not.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 19 Feb - 9:04:53

donnyroversfc wrote:Not if we dont have success (stay up) we wouldn't have benefitted then.

Next season ALOT of players need moving on, be it players that we're signed by SO'D or players brought in by McKay.

I'll personally be disgusted with the club though if they continue with the McKay plan if we're relegated!

John Ryan can slag me off and tell me to support another club too for it if he wants but for his sake more than anyone elses he wants to have got this right. I doubt he has though, the proof will be in the pudding if we're relegated or not.

I don't agree. Scraping survival won't indicate how successful the "plan" is because its obvious if we scrape survival it will be as much down to luck as anything else. Its the state the club is in, whether we're in the Championshp or League one and tbh its not looking good (and I don't mean financially)

Scrapping in the tunnel at the Keepmoat on Tuesday, more scrapping and now an investigation by police/FA after Leeds. What the hell has happened to our discipline? Can't Saunders control the players? I'm afraid its things like that which are far more embarassing then losing 3-2 away (or 6-0 at home for that matter)
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 19 Feb - 9:31:30

VixDRFC wrote:

I don't agree. Scraping survival won't indicate how successful the "plan" is because its obvious if we scrape survival it will be as much down to luck as anything else. Its the state the club is in, whether we're in the Championshp or League one and tbh its not looking good (and I don't mean financially)

Scrapping in the tunnel at the Keepmoat on Tuesday, more scrapping and now an investigation by police/FA after Leeds. What the hell has happened to our discipline? Can't Saunders control the players? I'm afraid its things like that which are far more embarassing then losing 3-2 away (or 6-0 at home for that matter)

Chimbonda and Diouf are the two rumoured players to be involved on our side too. I suspect both clubs will be fined for failure to control players, and i should hope it comes out of their own pockets too not the clubs, they can afford it! Thats if they were involved ofcourse, and if it werent them but another of our players then i expect them to pay whatever fine too.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 19 Feb - 9:38:08

donnyroversfc wrote:

Chimbonda and Diouf are the two rumoured players to be involved on our side too. I suspect both clubs will be fined for failure to control players, and i should hope it comes out of their own pockets too not the clubs, they can afford it! Thats if they were involved ofcourse, and if it werent them but another of our players then i expect them to pay whatever fine too.
If its true it wouldn't surprise me as they're best mates. I always say innocent until proven guilty and I know every team (or their fans) will try and get Diouf into bother but its becoming a little too regular, probably because he gives them the reaction they're looking for. I think he's an excellent footballer but he's proving to be a liability as well.

If we get fined because of any player not only should they pay the fine, the club should fine them independently as well. We're in enough mess without their stupidity adding to it
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 19 Feb - 9:46:08

VixDRFC wrote:
If its true it wouldn't surprise me as they're best mates. I always say innocent until proven guilty and I know every team (or their fans) will try and get Diouf into bother but its becoming a little too regular, probably because he gives them the reaction they're looking for. I think he's an excellent footballer but he's proving to be a liability as well.

If we get fined because of any player not only should they pay the fine, the club should fine them independently as well. We're in enough mess without their stupidity adding to it

Agree with that 100%
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 19 Feb - 10:44:56

We had more short term players at this stage last year. And nobody was complaining, the quality of this seasons players is million times better. As for diouf, he's brilliant. We should all be behind him, our best player by a mile at the min

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 19 Feb - 10:52:56

dickos1 wrote:We had more short term players at this stage last year. And nobody was complaining, the quality of this seasons players is million times better. As for diouf, he's brilliant. We should all be behind him, our best player by a mile at the min

Yet we are bottom of the league.

As for Diouf, yeah hes a fantastic player, and although i dont like his past, he's done nothing wrong while being here so fair play to him!

Are you sure we had more short term players this time last season? Im trying to think of some but can only think of Souza (although we had to get alot of loans in, thats because of the injury ravaged squad we had).
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 19 Feb - 11:24:02

dickos1 wrote:We had more short term players at this stage last year. And nobody was complaining, the quality of this seasons players is million times better. As for diouf, he's brilliant. We should all be behind him, our best player by a mile at the min

And this is the problem with a lot of fans at the moment, in fact a lot to do with Rovers full stop. Telling other people what they should do. I don't expect people to think the same way as me, we're individuals. But I equally don't expect to be told what I should think or do. At what point will the Thought Police have a raid then?

As I previously said Diouf IS an amazing footballer but if what he does on and off pitch continuously brings us into disrepute (and I say IF) then you have to question the value. Especially as he and the "million times better quality players" still have us rooted to bottom of table.

VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 19 Feb - 12:11:24

Im sure you two aren't trying to argue de Souza is better than bêye or moussa is better than diouf.
As for diouf he is our player, just like brabin was and Sutherland was. Other fans hated them, they did bad things but we loved them no matter what they did.
Where has that support gone now?

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 19 Feb - 12:36:03

No im clearly not trying to argue that, Souza was an absolutely shocking player. Beye as clearly been a good player and mentor for hird too (although thats no use to us if he's gunna spend alot of time suspended).

Diouf, now that Sharp has left, is our best player, nobody is disputing that, just that he looks like he's gunna explode and do something stupid every game! He expects abuse everywhere he goes, he should be wise enough to not raise to it like he does, his performances will raise even more if he learns to do that.

He should be supported whilever hes behaving, i hope your not suggesting that he gets support if he does something wrong like spitting or anything though? Even though he is 'our' player, nobody would should condone that.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 19 Feb - 19:25:50

There you go again, "if he does something wrong" anybody else would get support no matter what they do. Look at sharp at Blackpool game, we all got behind him and said he was showing passion. If diouf had done that people would be saying sack him.
As for his performance raising, that's rubbish. Players love the crowd on there back it inspires them, motivates them.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 19 Feb - 19:40:45

dickos1 wrote:There you go again, "if he does something wrong" anybody else would get support no matter what they do. Look at sharp at Blackpool game, we all got behind him and said he was showing passion. If diouf had done that people would be saying sack him.
As for his performance raising, that's rubbish. Players love the crowd on there back it inspires them, motivates them.

I'm sorry but if he and it is a IF was spitting at a players yesterday then that is indefensible and i can't believe that him been one of our players would make it right..if that had been Oster or Gillett i can imagine the response and it wouldn't be defending them...its got nothing to do with him been our player its down to basic decency...what role model is this for the kids who are supporting Rovers..he may be an excellent player but he is becoming a liabilty... No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 20 Feb - 3:08:19

Why is he becoming a liability? How many times has he been booked? How many times has he been sent off? Your calling him a liability just because Leeds fans are spreading rumours about him.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 20 Feb - 3:09:22

And as I posted previously. Colin Sutherland nearly knocked someone out right in front of us at rush den. He was hailed a hero,

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Mon 20 Feb - 3:33:43

Didn't he also have a slight problem on a train.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 20 Feb - 3:39:08

dickos1 wrote:Why is he becoming a liability? How many times has he been booked? How many times has he been sent off? Your calling him a liability just because Leeds fans are spreading rumours about him.

Actually Yorkie, like me doesn't give a flying monkey about what Leeds fans say. But I agree he's a liability and I'll tell you why

Whenever anything kicks off on the pitch Diouf is in the middle of it. Now given when he came to us said he'd made mistakes in the past you'd think he'd want to keep a low profile and let his football do the talking but no. Countless quibbling with the ref, just stood there holding his arms out if he's not got the decision, not to mention 2 back to back games, 2 skirmishes in the tunnel and whose involved with both?

Put it like this, its obvious opposition players are going to try and accuse him of spitting or whatever - if he had any common sense he'd distance himself from giving them an opportunity. I'm sorry but this side of his behaviour isn't passion and desire to win, its being a bad loser and someone who obviously has a problem controlling his behaviour
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 20 Feb - 4:08:29

If he was that bad he'd be booked every game or sent off. Which hasn't happened. I really do hope he is a bad loser, we need a team full of bad losers, all top sportsmen are bad losers it's a great trate to have.
He ain't perfect on the pitch but neither are half the premiership players, he does nothing any different to Rooney.
When he has done something wrong maybe I'll agree with you but he hasn't yet..

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 20 Feb - 4:15:11

Participating in brawls in tunnels is a great trait then. Behaviour that could get our cash strapped club fined money we can't afford

And you don't strengthen your "argument" by bringing in the mention of premiership players because half of them are no great example to the world of football ESPECIALLY Rooney

And trying not to be rude I don't want you to agree with me. The day you do based on a lot of your posts here and on other boards, I'd seriously have question my own thought process!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 20 Feb - 4:29:10

Brawls in tunnels happen a lot more than you think, and I'm not trying to strengthen my argument with Rooney, but you certainly don't have man utd fans going around slagging him off..
Don't worry, I won't be agreeing with you, the day I do I'll stop watching my team. If standing by my club and players is a terrible thought process then I despair..

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Mon 20 Feb - 4:31:17

dickos1 wrote:Brawls in tunnels happen a lot more than you think, and I'm not trying to strengthen my argument with Rooney, but you certainly don't have man utd fans going around slagging him off..
Don't worry, I won't be agreeing with you, the day I do I'll stop watching my team. If standing by my club and players is a terrible thought process then I despair..

happened in the scum-liverpool game last week dint it? course they'll get away wi it

Why DRFC have gone to "Willy" - Page 2 Dry
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 20 Feb - 4:39:26

dickos1[b] wrote:Brawls in tunnels happen a lot more than you think[/b], and I'm not trying to strengthen my argument with Rooney, but you certainly don't have man utd fans going around slagging him off..

Twice in consecutive games involving the same player? It must really happen a lot then - but strangely enough we don't hear about all of those

And I stand by my club, both on messageboards and being there I just have a few standards. I remember when SOD dropped Oster and Hayter for the Boro game a couple of seasons ago and we lost 4-1 - did you stand by those two then?

If you actually don't care what a player does on/off pitch and the effect it has on the club then fine - your perogative. But just say it, don't go making excuses
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 20 Feb - 4:39:59

dickos1 wrote:Brawls in tunnels happen a lot more than you think, and I'm not trying to strengthen my argument with Rooney, but you certainly don't have man utd fans going around slagging him off..

I see so that justifies it does it...obviously what some of us see as decent civilised behaviour and what you see are miles apart...carry on like this and we will have kids flocking to support the club with their parents blessings ...just the sort of role model we want...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next