The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Director Steps Down

+5
hoolahoop
Filo
SkellowRover
donnyroversfc
Dagenham Rover
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Director Steps Down Empty Director Steps Down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 21 Sep - 3:46:48

Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Director Steps Down Empty Re: Director Steps Down

Post by donnyroversfc Fri 21 Sep - 4:10:09

how many are left now?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Fri 21 Sep - 4:18:40

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr Highfield & JR go in the next 12 months to be honest either. I wonder why the directors that resigned in the summer never got a write up on the webbsite lol!
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Fri 21 Sep - 4:32:17

We had quite a few at one point didn't we? Just had a look and now only 3 left.

Can see us changing our name to 'Gavin Baldwin FC' at some point in the not to distant future.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Fri 21 Sep - 5:09:30

I wonder, if Gavin is named a director if he will have to make an annual payment of one of the 2 tiers, just like other directors were told they had to by our 'owners' Shocked
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Fri 21 Sep - 5:34:07

SkellowRover wrote:I wonder, if Gavin is named a director if he will have to make an annual payment of one of the 2 tiers, just like other directors were told they had to by our 'owners' Shocked

Evidence?

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 21 Sep - 6:39:39

C'mon lads no argueing we've just got it sorted Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Fri 21 Sep - 6:50:19

Dagenham Rover wrote:C'mon lads no argueing we've just got it sorted Smile

Shut up you imbecile!!!! God you are so clueless ffs!!

Wink Razz Laughing
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Fri 21 Sep - 7:08:16

Filo wrote:

Evidence?

Pmsl, think what you want Filo but it's a fact and part of the reason for summer resignations that i told people on here in private WEEKS before any of you knew about them. When i say something it is fact, unlike someone on the VSC board who wrongly told people that all club loans had been converted into shares and written off when they haven't and when i asked him if he had been officially told this by the club he disappeared and rever replied!!!!
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 21 Sep - 7:17:46

donnyroversfc wrote:

Shut up you imbecile!!!! God you are so clueless ffs!!

Wink Razz Laughing

lol! hey up thats rich lol!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Fri 21 Sep - 7:20:09

Dagenham Rover wrote:

lol! hey up thats rich lol!

It's not, i'm Rob!! Laughing lol!
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Fri 21 Sep - 8:02:52

SkellowRover wrote:

Pmsl, think what you want Filo but it's a fact and part of the reason for summer resignations that i told people on here in private WEEKS before any of you knew about them. When i say something it is fact, unlike someone on the VSC board who wrongly told people that all club loans had been converted into shares and written off when they haven't and when i asked him if he had been officially told this by the club he disappeared and rever replied!!!!

A lot of words just to say you have n`t got any evidence

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Fri 21 Sep - 8:36:18

Filo wrote:

A lot of words just to say you have n`t got any evidence

Like i said Filo, think what you want because i'm not really bothered lol! Ask yourself how i knew about directors resigning weeks before it became public knowledge and the reasons why? How i know loans haven't been repaid? Infact how i knew about a lot of things i have told people in confidence on here that have transpired to been spot on Wink
I don't spout things that aren't true like a director of the VSC did recently whether it came from the club or whether he decided to make the statement off his own back regarding loan payments!!!
One or two people on here know who i know and will back me up about getting info from the higher echelons of the club, not just hearsay.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 21 Sep - 8:45:13

Just what sort of evidence do you want planting all over a fan's forum that could undermine our club Filo.
Fact is that , like it or not, Skellow informed us of these developments months ago each and every one! That knowledge alone should suggest to you that he is ITK.
Personally I would prefer that Skellow doesn't plaster some of the strange developments that have occurred at the club over the last few years (yes as long as that) either on here or the VSC but he does feel the need to challenge what he would see as misconceptions from time to time..........that is his prerogative.

However I am pleased that he doesn't feel the need to fully develop and explain how or why he knows facts and merely challenges folks points of view.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Fri 21 Sep - 8:48:30

If you want to tell people in confidence then why then come on here saying you know this and that. If you want it all to be private then keep it private. Rather than telling everybody that you know everything but the only evidence is, is that you've told people in private.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Fri 21 Sep - 8:54:47

dickos1 wrote:If you want to tell people in confidence then why then come on here saying you know this and that. If you want it all to be private then keep it private. Rather than telling everybody that you know everything but the only evidence is, is that you've told people in private.

Why am i not surprised you have popped along to put your oar in on a post that i'm involved in? You just can't help yourself can you? lol!
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Fri 21 Sep - 9:02:24

Mate, am I not allowed to post in any of your threads now then? Seeing as there's only 6 or 7 posters on here that would be very difficult.

Why do you put lol after every post? You must be forever laughing t yourself

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Fri 21 Sep - 9:05:28

Firstly i'm not your mate, secondly i'm easily amused lol!

Now it's bedtime for me as i'm up early for a weekend charity fish-in 'darn sarf'.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 21 Sep - 9:09:28

dickos1 wrote:Mate, am I not allowed to post in any of your threads now then? Seeing as there's only 6 or 7 posters on here that would be very difficult.

Why do you put lol after every post? You must be forever laughing t yourself

Here we go again , I explained on behalf of Skellow in my earlier post that there are probably reasons why Skellow chooses to merely ''challenge'' the fixed opinions of some and prefers (imo rightfully) not to put more than he needs in the public domain.
Please can we not drop into this tit for tat mentality again and enjoy the forum for what it is. I agree with your comment re. Skellow's propensity to lol! but once again that is his prerogative ......ignore it Neutral
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Fri 21 Sep - 9:14:51

Not much of a forum hoola if people are getting upset that others are entering a discussion on a thread, just because they have contributed to it earlier.
If we all felt like that there wouldn't be a forum

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 21 Sep - 9:37:52

dickos1 wrote:Not much of a forum hoola if people are getting upset that others are entering a discussion on a thread, just because they have contributed to it earlier.
If we all felt like that there wouldn't be a forum

Fair point but I don't think you properly appreciate Skellow's sense of humour he actually enjoys the repartee he has with you .........that is what fora are about don't take it to heart.
This and any thread is open to all but try and think laterally from time to time and you might just appreciate what the fella is about, oh and you both keep trotting from an argument elsewhere only to carry it on here which is very wearing for members of both fora. Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Fri 21 Sep - 19:34:16

hoolahoop wrote:Just what sort of evidence do you want planting all over a fan's forum that could undermine our club Filo.
Fact is that , like it or not, Skellow informed us of these developments months ago each and every one! That knowledge alone should suggest to you that he is ITK.
Personally I would prefer that Skellow doesn't plaster some of the strange developments that have occurred at the club over the last few years (yes as long as that) either on here or the VSC but he does feel the need to challenge what he would see as misconceptions from time to time..........that is his prerogative.

However I am pleased that he doesn't feel the need to fully develop and explain how or why he knows facts and merely challenges folks points of view.

The thing that is undermining our club is people posting things they say are fact, telling us all that he`s told the clique in private and then members of the clique coming on and telling us it`s all true, without actually telling anyone anything, if you really wanted our club to prosper then all you ITK`s on Skellow supposed knowledge, including Skellow should come clean and put it out in the open for the rest of the fan base to make an informed decision, Chinese whispers are n`t being helpful at all

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 21 Sep - 20:22:55

Filo wrote:

The thing that is undermining our club is people posting things they say are fact, telling us all that he`s told the clique in private and then members of the clique coming on and telling us it`s all true, without actually telling anyone anything, if you really wanted our club to prosper then all you ITK`s on Skellow supposed knowledge, including Skellow should come clean and put it out in the open for the rest of the fan base to make an informed decision, Chinese whispers are n`t being helpful at all

Filo in the main I agree with you but unfortunately if the poster revealed his source/s then there would be no further info forthcoming ; Skellow chooses to challenge accepted perceptions when the reality as he knows it can be somewhat different.
Fact is the fanbase generally will accept and not challenge any if not all the information coming out of the club. We have seen that at Supporters and VSC AGM's and Road shows for years . Basically , when push comes to shove, individuals don't want to confront our owners and we have seen what happens if they dare to do it on odd occasions.
Btw some of this info comes from supporters of other clubs weeks/months before it is relayed to our own supporters. Obviously there are some at the top with loose tongues, perhaps an axe to grind etc. revealing who they are would only ensure that we would have even more secrecy and on some occasions complete deception.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SPROTYROVER Fri 21 Sep - 20:36:41

SkellowRover wrote:I wonder, if Gavin is named a director if he will have to make an annual payment of one of the 2 tiers, just like other directors were told they had to by our 'owners' Shocked

Can someone (as he is off fishin) explain what Skellow means by this, am I right to assume that the directors have to contribute to the running of the club at one of two levels depending on their share ownership?

Last edited by SPROTYROVER on Fri 21 Sep - 23:17:39; edited 1 time in total

SPROTYROVER
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Fri 21 Sep - 20:55:54

SPROTYROVER wrote:

Can someone (as he is off fishin) explain what Skellow means by this, amIi right to assume that the directors have to contribute to the running of the club at one of two levels depending on their share ownership?

The way to find out is to join the clique, a condition though is you must back up every word, even if you have no evidence to do so, apart from a pm from one of the clique Wink

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next