The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Director Steps Down

+5
hoolahoop
Filo
SkellowRover
donnyroversfc
Dagenham Rover
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Director Steps Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Director Steps Down

Post by Silent Majority Sun 30 Sep - 6:01:32

SkellowRover wrote:

Who said club wembley? that is hospitality anyone can buy.

Didn't think club wembley is used as a guest of a member of the main board of the FA with top hotel accomodation and chauffeur driven car all over the place and hospitality in the FA suite with all the bigwigs that run the game.

Jeez you're hard work!! Club Wembley is the collective name for all of the hospitality areas plus the FA's offices and the main areas for wining and dining. Its on the same floors as the other areas but has a separate entrance off the main hospitality areas. I've been in there numerous times since it opened but you continue to question my integrity and doubt my word.

I was on a table next to David Bernstein, Hugh Robertson, Dave Richards, David Gill, Roger Burden. I had conversations with Paul Darling who's the Chair of the SGSA plus another chat with Sir Derek Fraser who's the Independent Football Ombudsman.

I suggest you get your facts in place before questioning my integrity! At least I can support my arguments!

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Sun 30 Sep - 6:02:16

SkellowRover wrote:

I've mentioned lots of things publically in the past, but i usually get shot down and told i'm wrong only for them to happen at a later date. I've also mentioned things on here and the VSC that still haven't happened, but they will. You believe what you want Filo because i couldn't really give a toss and if you doubt me i don't care but a number of people know i've been spot on with too many things to talk or post bollocks.

By the way i know more people then one ex director of the club Wink i actually knew 2 ex directors for a start as well as other people at the club, i only mentioned an ex director as i just wanted clarification as to whether the loan statement SM said was an official club statement as it's conflicting with what he was telling me recently, but hey lets believe everything were told mucker Wink

And what exactly are these??

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 30 Sep - 6:12:21

Silent Majority wrote:

Jeez you're hard work!! Club Wembley is the collective name for all of the hospitality areas plus the FA's offices and the main areas for wining and dining. Its on the same floors as the other areas but has a separate entrance off the main hospitality areas. I've been in there numerous times since it opened but you continue to question my integrity and doubt my word.

I was on a table next to David Bernstein, Hugh Robertson, Dave Richards, David Gill, Roger Burden. I had conversations with Paul Darling who's the Chair of the SGSA plus another chat with Sir Derek Fraser who's the Independent Football Ombudsman.

I suggest you get your facts in place before questioning my integrity! At least I can support my arguments!

Ah in the same place then Smile Dave Richards daren't even look at anyone in our family as he owes us money from one of his businesses that went bang 20 odd years ago which made things interesting at the game lol. What's your opinion on him? Personally i don't know how he has got into the position he has after failed businesses and being man that almost ruined sheffield wednesday.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 30 Sep - 6:24:10

Silent Majority wrote:

And what exactly are these??

I seriously cant be arsed to trawl through hundreds of posts to find stuff but there is info there from signings, things at board level, willy mckay stuff, stadium stuff, the club being touted around various places as being up for sale last season after the KM2 walked away (one of randy learners friends was very interested when it was discussed with him at a villa match) etc blah blah. I even posted somewhere (on here or VSC) about directors resigning months ago and got told i was wrong, even though one had told me himself that day and it only came to light weeks later when directors names were missing when the new website went live. The club gave no reason or mentioned it yet did when another director stepped down recently. Maybe this director left as like you posted the owners wanted to trim things down but it wasn't the reason for the unnanouced departures in the summer.

Anyway i think i will just keep things to myself from now on and just keep things in private with 1-2 others as i really can't be arsed argueing the toss with you and Filo anymore and it is turning the atmosphere on this forum sour. This forum used to be great as everyone was open minded and discussed things without argueing or fighting, even if we disagreed. Nowadays it's just turning into an unenjoyable place to visit with all the argueing and and crap since we got 1-2 new posters.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 30 Sep - 7:07:36

This sh*t is boring, sorry.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 30 Sep - 7:59:26

I have to agree , Filo you seem to have your own agenda (God knows what it is ? scratch ). I have discussed many things with SM on a 'one-to-one ' basis and my ref' to ''spill''' was to see if he was working further on ideas we had discussed privately before.............not for secrecy reasons. Not unlike some of the discussions and info that Skellow has chosen to share with me.
Btw Skellow is NOT an ex-Director as far as I'm aware. Razz

Skellow , Silent Majority can't you discuss these thinhs by PM as it appears that between you ........you both have half the truth. Perhaps you might find that behind the pedantic games you are playing you can join the pieces together.

Finally for the record, most good companies choose to have expert non-executive Directors to help them run their businesses on the basis that expertise shared can only benefit their companies expansion. It is very unhealthy imo to have 3 shareholders making decisions........3 is usually a difficult number to work with (as is 4 for that matter GB incl.) I refer you to my post earlier re. the time spent away from the business by the owners!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Sun 30 Sep - 8:19:22

donnyroversfc wrote:This sh*t is boring, sorry.

Good, enjoy your time on here. When you learn some manners maybe you can venture into other more productive areas.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Sun 30 Sep - 8:25:37

Hoola,

You should know me be now, I work on behalf of all supporters nationwide and after 10 years or more of doing this I've become reasonably proficient at it. However, if somebody keeps digging away for whatever reason they have then I can't take too lightly to it, my time is much too precious for that.

However, if any of you critics out there wish to become more involved there is an FSF meeting in Manchester tomorrow starting at about 1pm, feel free to rock up and offer your expertise.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 30 Sep - 8:42:30

Silent Majority wrote:

Good, enjoy your time on here. When you learn some manners maybe you can venture into other more productive areas.

Yeah, bad luck to me for not letting you know of my new username... Even though you knew who it was because it was on my profile, and even though i informed Rob via email of my new username... I found the timing of my new banning such a bizarre coincedence... But obviously you treat the 2 forums as seperate entities, ofcourse...

I still maintain you should have pm'd me on here, instead of giving me a snotty PM on the 'more productive' forum, flexing your power. You got the reply that your pm deserved.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 30 Sep - 8:45:18

Silent Majority wrote:Hoola,

You should know me be now, I work on behalf of all supporters nationwide and after 10 years or more of doing this I've become reasonably proficient at it. However, if somebody keeps digging away for whatever reason they have then I can't take too lightly to it, my time is much too precious for that.

However, if any of you critics out there wish to become more involved there is an FSF meeting in Manchester tomorrow starting at about 1pm, feel free to rock up and offer your expertise.

I'm not being critical , merely suggesting that both of you don't play the tit for tat game. I am well aware of how hard you work for the supporters.
Incidentally would love to join you in Manchester tomorrow as I'm in Manchester/Stockport ; unfortunately I'm visiting arr lasses father in Stockport hospital at 2:00 (he's had 2 cancerous organs removed this week and is in a HDU). I will take your last paragraph in the 'light-hearted' manner that I'm sure you meant to reflect in your post. As for my expertise it only runs to being a Regional manager for a nationally well known company and subsequently building 2 businesses up from scratch to a turnover of £ 2.1 million at their peak............small potatoes I know . I would have loved some decent expertise to help me from losing those businesses, my home and wife when I did. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Sun 30 Sep - 9:29:34

Oops, didn't mean anything personal by this. It was just a general comment against certain people who seem content to criticise those who make the time and effort for football in general.

You might not have seen it but we released our latest expose on club charters this week. Crazily a CPFC fan decided to criticise me personally because I said their charter is a good one .It is by any other standard but hey, don't tell people though will you!!

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 30 Sep - 19:37:39

Silent Majority wrote:Oops, didn't mean anything personal by this. It was just a general comment against certain people who seem content to criticise those who make the time and effort for football in general.

You might not have seen it but we released our latest expose on club charters this week. Crazily a CPFC fan decided to criticise me personally because I said their charter is a good one .It is by any other standard but hey, don't tell people though will you!!

Fair enough fella (setting off in an hour and you weren't to know). Palarse fans aren't known for their intelligence however their vocal support 'man for man' is as good as it gets. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Sun 30 Sep - 20:31:16

hoolahoop wrote:I have to agree , Filo you seem to have your own agenda (God knows what it is ? scratch ). I have discussed many things with SM on a 'one-to-one ' basis and my ref' to ''spill''' was to see if he was working further on ideas we had discussed privately before.............not for secrecy reasons. Not unlike some of the discussions and info that Skellow has chosen to share with me.
Btw Skellow is NOT an ex-Director as far as I'm aware. Razz

Skellow , Silent Majority can't you discuss these thinhs by PM as it appears that between you ........you both have half the truth. Perhaps you might find that behind the pedantic games you are playing you can join the pieces together.

Finally for the record, most good companies choose to have expert non-executive Directors to help them run their businesses on the basis that expertise shared can only benefit their companies expansion. It is very unhealthy imo to have 3 shareholders making decisions........3 is usually a difficult number to work with (as is 4 for that matter GB incl.) I refer you to my post earlier re. the time spent away from the business by the owners!!

I honestly have n`t got an agenda, I just don`t see the point in saying something without actually saying anything, if that makes any sense, the PM`s may as well have stayed private, If the club really is on a slippery slope, then as fans you`re duty bound to reveal things, regardless of the source.

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3