The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The final sick joke

+7
Dan_the_Owl
hoolahoop
borophil
diggerman
yorkie64red
thornabyred
Captain Cook
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The final sick joke - Page 2 Empty Re: The final sick joke

Post by Captain Cook Thu 22 Oct - 2:27:41

After all the oportunities Gibson has had over the last year to relieve Gareth of the Job the timing of this is bizaar.

Win at home and go forth in the league only one point off the top spot.

Gibbo must have someone in mind.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2009/10/21/gordon-strachan-in-line-to-succeed-southgate-84229-24984267/#
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Thu 21 Jan - 22:31:11

Interesting looking back at some of the old posts and seeing how things have changed over the months.

Boro have steadily got worse while some of the others have improved.

strange

Still think getting rid of Southagate was the right move although the way it was done was nasty and Strachan is hardly pulling up trees at the moment.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Thu 21 Jan - 22:39:07

Captain, do you still think Strachan is the right man for the job? I'd expected him to have picked up more points, but every manager deserves time to make his mark. Just wondered if most Boro fans were still happy with him as Southgate's replacement.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Thu 21 Jan - 22:43:15

Divided opinions on him at the moment. i think some are still waiting to see the other players he brings in during January and who he lets go.

Pretty poor start to be honest and the pressure is starting to mount on Strachan.

I'll judge him at the end of the season although not too impressed at the moment.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sat 23 Jan - 8:52:55

Think you are a steady championship midtable club now and that is where you belong.
How the great teams fall eh.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 23 Jan - 8:54:56

I agree Dan i think getting rid of southgate was middlesbrough biggest mistake
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 27 Jan - 2:39:02

getting rid of Gareth wasn't a mistake it took took too long. He should have gone in December 2008 !

Still a great bloke though. Will always be a Boro Legend.

Rebuilding taking place with Strachan at the moment and could take some time before we rise again.

We'll be back
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Jan - 3:02:43

Captain Cook wrote:getting rid of Gareth wasn't a mistake it took took too long. He should have gone in December 2008 !

Still a great bloke though. Will always be a Boro Legend.

Rebuilding taking place with Strachan at the moment and could take some time before we rise again.

We'll be back

Well lets hope your rebuilding starts after tonight.. The final sick joke - Page 2 Lol
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 27 Jan - 9:47:57

yorkie64red wrote:

Well lets hope your rebuilding starts after tonight.. The final sick joke - Page 2 Lol

It's already started The final sick joke - Page 2 Lol
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sgtpepper Wed 27 Jan - 10:13:22

Good result must admit to starting to feel wee Gordy was'nt going to get his act together after the Swansea match.
We now have a chance of getting another 3pts Saturday and putting a bit of pressure on the teams above.

The top teams are quivering alittle bit so hopefully a nice run will see us get into the playoffs.

Gibbo needs to get Jinky to sign a new deal that would be like a major signing just now.
Fingers crossed Gibbo see's sense and not pound signs,like he has done in the past.
sgtpepper
sgtpepper
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 27 Jan - 10:54:21

sgtpepper wrote:Good result must admit to starting to feel wee Gordy was'nt going to get his act together after the Swansea match.
We now have a chance of getting another 3pts Saturday and putting a bit of pressure on the teams above.

The top teams are quivering alittle bit so hopefully a nice run will see us get into the playoffs.

Gibbo needs to get Jinky to sign a new deal that would be like a major signing just now.
Fingers crossed Gibbo see's sense and not pound signs,like he has done in the past.

Don't get too cocky ,we had 6/7 players out. That was possibly the worst performance, team tactics and personnel that I have seen all season..........funny thing is you didn't cause it. Good luck for the season
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Albie Wed 27 Jan - 11:13:19

We have been depleted with injuries for weeks and down to the bare bones tonight,but they come up trumps. Same again Saturday i hope. bounce
Albie
Albie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 27 Jan - 11:32:20

Albie wrote:We have been depleted with injuries for weeks and down to the bare bones tonight,but they come up trumps. Same again Saturday i hope. bounce

The 'supposed bare bones' you allude to did not involve 6 out of the 8 most important players missing from your team though did it ? I hope you don't take a massive boost from your win tonight as I fear you will be severely disappointed over the coming weeks. That was the weakest team that I have seen us play in over 4 years, you simply 'ripped' a pub team apart tonight.......well done. Almost forgot that you also dominated the whole game with your severely weakened team, are you deliberately pulling my plonker or does 'bare bones' actually mean that this wouldn't have been a good week to be playing Chelski ? Shocked Shocked Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by sgtpepper Wed 27 Jan - 18:18:38

I think what albie was trying to say Hoopy me old son was that this is the first time that Boro have gelled all season after being depleted so badly by our chairman.
The fact that Gibbo mouths it off about Boro going straight back up and then doing everything in his power to stop that.
So it totally amazes me that we got this win tonight.
Perhaps you are right and that we were lucky because of your injury list.
We shall see Saturday if this was just a one off match.
Boro have this habit of shooting themselves in the foot after a good game.
Lets see if wee Gordy has changed owt.

Good point about the game for me was we finally started to play has a team and not a one man band.
Ok Jinky may have been behind alot of the play but others started to do their jobs,"AT LAST."
Please Gibbo give the kid the world if he wants it, just get him to sign a new 4yr contract.

Good luck this season.
sgtpepper
sgtpepper
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 27 Jan - 20:52:09

Not being nasty hoops but the fact that you had a few injuries will take nothing away from enjoying last nights win.

Over the last few weeks we have looked nothing like a decent side and had injuries to key players to add to this problem.

Finally looks like Strachan is getting something out of a squad of players who not long ago were simply not performing.

We also have several key players still out injured and a squad of subs who are just out of the academy so we are still down to bare bones.

I Hope Strachan gets a couple more in over the next few days to bolster a charge up the table.

Donny will be ok, not a bad side.

Still well pleased with the win
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 27 Jan - 23:29:35

Captain Cook wrote:Not being nasty hoops but the fact that you had a few injuries will take nothing away from enjoying last nights win.

Over the last few weeks we have looked nothing like a decent side and had injuries to key players to add to this problem.

Finally looks like Strachan is getting something out of a squad of players who not long ago were simply not performing.

We also have several key players still out injured and a squad of subs who are just out of the academy so we are still down to bare bones.

I Hope Strachan gets a couple more in over the next few days to bolster a charge up the table.

Donny will be ok, not a bad side.

Still well pleased with the win

So you should be pleased with the win but please don't give me the 'we also had several key players out' type excuse to enhance the win. Trying not to labour the point but we only had several key players bloody IN!!
Btw what's an Academy, we don't have that or a Reserve team, I'm trying to give you perspective fella. Crying or Very sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Thu 28 Jan - 0:07:03

hoolahoop wrote:

So you should be pleased with the win but please don't give me the 'we also had several key players out' type excuse to enhance the win. Trying not to labour the point but we only had several key players bloody IN!!
Btw what's an Academy, we don't have that or a Reserve team, I'm trying to give you perspective fella. Crying or Very sad

yes , sometime we forget that smaller clubs (no slur intended) have not got the infrastructure that some other clubs have.

Our academy has brought through loads of players- not all have made it at Boro- who have gone on to make a good living from the game.

It means we can bring on the Likes of Stewart Downing and sell them as we probably will with Adam Johnson.

McMahon, Wheater, Grounds, Taylor Franks ,Bennett Johnson, Steele,Walker, Luke Williams.all started in the academy and 7 of these started the game last night.

two of them scored !

Take care and best wishes for the rest of the season
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2